Monday, August 22, 2011

★ The Incomplete List ★

Yes, I am going on a brief hiatus.* I'm still traveling to California. But I couldn't resist posting one last time before September.

This blog needs THE LIST. The List, after all, is the foundation of the whole project. It's incomplete, because I'll be taking other's suggestions. But for now...

The List!

  1. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  2. Dante's Inferno by Dante Alighieri (translated by Mark Musa)
  3. Invitation to a Beheading by Vladimir Nabokov
  4. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  5. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
  6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  8. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  9. The Odyssey by Homer
  10. Frankenstein by Mark Shelley
As you can see, there's no rules for this. I'm not reading them based on the year of publication, or alphabetical order, etc.

So. Who can suggest titles for the remaining 15? Do you have a problem with the 10, or is there one you're especially enthusiastic about? Should I stop asking questions until I actually get readers?

I will see you guys September 2nd. Expect a GIVEAWAY then. (Do you see how I put that in caps, so you can't miss it? Yep. Clever, right? No? .... Okay.)

I'm excited.

* There will be vacation posts! I shall not entirely abandon you!

No comments:

Post a Comment